POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Street image. Question of scale (26kbu) : Re: Street image. Question of scale (26kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 04:57:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Street image. Question of scale (26kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 15 Feb 2000 03:42:34
Message: <38a9117a@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote in message ...
>This is looking good.
>
>I wouldn't say that the problem here is scale but light.
>It just seems to be ambient light at the moment, and
>in the real world you'd expect to see many more shadows
>coming from the various light sources (even of a day time).
>As a result of this problem the broken wall is totally
>lost in itself, there's no contrast between the front and
>back of that ruined building, no light falloff etc.

The lighting is actually test lighting. I'll dim it down, move it up
and add some clouds. The final lighting is too dim to make
out all the detail I need for design

>The car looks good but a bit flat, can't see the top or
>bottom of it just a straight on view of the side, either
>moving the car or moving the camera would solve this I
>think, (it's probably not helped by the lighting either).

Unfortunatly there isn't much more of the car. Maybe I'll add headlights
and rotate it a bit

>We're hearing on the news here that you're having the worst
>weather in SA for 40 years, constant rain for 8 days, so
>maybe your usual flare for getting it right first time is
>being hampered by light deprivation:-)

I saw sun yesterday for the first time in a week and a half. The evening
entertainment at the moment is seeing if I can get home (across a river)
and seeing where the leak in the ceiling has moved to. My boss's
house was flooded last week and driving at the moment is
a risky business (Most south africans don't now how to drive in bad weather)

Actually my raytracing is being hampered by a client from hell and a good
game.

Gail
* gsh### [at] monotixcoza              * ERROR: COFFEE.COM not found  *
* http://www.rucus.ru.ac.za/~gail/ * Insert cup and press any key *
* Definition of an upgrade: Take the old bugs out, put new ones in*