POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Suggestions for MegaPov : Re: Suggestions for MegaPov Server Time
2 Sep 2024 10:18:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Suggestions for MegaPov
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 15 Feb 2000 01:27:20
Message: <38a8f1c8@news.povray.org>
"Pabs" <pab### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
| For height feilds would it be possible to use bicubic patches to smooth
| it out esp for low res ( spatial & colour ) height feilds in the
| foreground of an image

Guess that would take a rewrite of the height_field.

| using background { rgba <1,1,1,1>} (a for alpha) when outputing an image
| should (if the selected file format supports it) add an alpha channel to
| the image - this would be useful

rgbt (or transmit) already goes into the alpha channel but background is another
matter I suppose.  Also, render a fisheye lensed camera scene and the unrendered
parts outside the field of view will be fully transparent in the alpha channel.
That probably needs to be changed I would think.

| Post-process - add a lens flare - I saw this done in a separate program
| (command line) somewhere in the pov-links/Kens links - Not to take
| anything from NKFlare & Colefaxe's lens include

Guessing you might mean Sparkle but not sure, that does a pixel color check
grows a white flare object of the proportionate size to the area of lightness.
I think so anyway.  Nathan has said he might someday add flares if he can or
will.

| a question - Is the post-process legal for submissions to the IRTC

Maybe the 'focal_blur' and 'depth' would be considered okay for IRTC since they
use the scene 3D info, not so for the 'soft_glow' apparently but if scan-line
renders can be submitted then why not any of those?

Disclaimer: be aware that the person saying all of this might not be of sound
mind... or at least not knowledgeable enough to say anything.

Hey! I resent myself saying that about myself!  No I don't.  Yes I do.

Bob