POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DNA! Giver of life...{46k} : Re: DNA! Giver of life...{46k} Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:22:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DNA! Giver of life...{46k}
From: Bob Hughes
Date: 12 Feb 2000 19:01:59
Message: <38a5f477@news.povray.org>
"Paul Jones" <pdj### [at] psuedu> wrote in message news:38A5CC43.A84636E7@psu.edu...
| following this thread, is there a good, down to earth explaination of
| how the media parameters interact with each other? I find the manual to
| be a bit overwhelming in this respect. In other words, what do all the
| parameters do in a basic, real world sense?

That's something I know nothing about.  Mike Hough < hos### [at] aolcom >
did the 'method 2' media so I'm sure he learned plenty about the inner workings
of it.  I believe Nathan Kopp has done the 'method 3' so he would also know a
lot.
If you're wondering what 'intervals' is I can only guess it is like a integral
layers for the samples, and the samples of course being very much like the
antialiasing of the image.
But then I shouldn't even conjecture about it.

Bob