POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I've got a lot of balls to post here (108KB bu) : Re: I've got a lot of balls to post here (108KB bu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:20:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I've got a lot of balls to post here (108KB bu)
From: Paul Vanukoff
Date: 10 Feb 2000 11:28:54
Message: <38a2e746@news.povray.org>
I was trying to emulate those super bounce balls. Placement was actually
quite easy. I placed them on an evenly spaced grid, where each "cell" has a
75% chance of containing a ball (using rand() ). Then I moved each ball a
random amount in the x and z directions, the maximum any ball could move was
half the grid spacing, that way, it would look very random, but no balls
would touch each other.

--
Paul Vanukoff
van### [at] primenetcom