POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo) : Re: DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 13:17:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DO NOT OPEN THIS POST!!!!! (125k solo)
From: Sander
Date: 8 Feb 2000 15:49:56
Message: <38a08174@news.povray.org>
Generally a live virus is considered to be able to initiate a complete
infection in the right host, while a weakened or 'dead' virus provokes a
immunological reaction mainly, is what I think I remember. Whether it's
alive is really not an interesting issue.
Have a look at http://www.xs4all.nl/~wgods/: here an old colleague of mine
vents his opinion on HIV...
--
Regards,
Sander

Thomas Lake <tla### [at] homecom> schreef in berichtnieuws
389EFDFA.CE06EF7E@home.com...
> A lot of differing views as to weather viruses are alive I don't think you
could
> come to any conclusion if you asked a number of biology teachers. Viruses
have DNA
> or RNA and are able to reproduce, though they need a host cell. they also
follow all
> of the rules for evolution so I think they are alive, though only in the
most basic
> of definitions. they are able to weaken them breading successive
generations of them
> together, all the interbreeding weakens them. And they can kill them with
radiation.

> David Fontaine wrote:
>
> > Thomas Lake wrote:
> >
> > > Well the fact the it mutates does make it harder to make a vaccine for
AIDS.