POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Your legs: IK or FK?? (409kbbu) : Re: Your legs: IK or FK?? (409kbbu) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your legs: IK or FK?? (409kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 20 Apr 2000 16:41:44
Message: <38FF6A80.FCD8A30B@my-dejanews.com>
Thanks

0. body:                      one big blob with arms & legs as rotating
cylinders & spheres.
1. hip/knee/foot rotations:   linear splines set up to enable keyframing
2. foot staying in one place: vtransform of foot position
3. vertical position:         2500 trace calls from -y to positions on grid
                                    between min_ & max_extent x & z

Yes, it's not the most beautiful thing, but it actually works like a real leg.
We use "IK" because it's a neat math trick, but the body really works as FK,
does'nt it?