POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fixed cosinespline : Re: Fixed cosinespline Server Time
2 Oct 2024 16:30:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fixed cosinespline
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 13 Apr 2000 08:00:28
Message: <38F5B5D5.920564BE@my-dejanews.com>
My use for a spline is to make keyframes for a walk cycle. It's hard enough
to figure out how to figure out the points _within my range_ to look right.
I find it mentally aggravating to have to 'add' two extra points on either
side to figure out how to make it smooth and well-behaved. If I were making
a solitary camera path, yes I might use a cubic spline, but not when I have
8-16 splines to manage at once!

Notgonnadoitwouldn'tbeprudentatthisjuncture.