POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Your legs: IK or FK?? (409kbbu) : Re: Your legs: IK or FK?? Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:28:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Your legs: IK or FK??
From: J  Grimbert
Date: 13 Apr 2000 02:40:46
Message: <38F56BF0.E318EE89@atos-group.com>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> This animation is a walk cycle of my blobmon involving a true FK based
> walk cycle. No foot slippage, by definition! Am I right in that this is
> a significant accomplishment?

It impress me, but I have a little trouble with the moving speed:
walk usually tend to keep the same amount of momentum for the whole body.
In the case of a human body, the biggest mass is the upper-body
(from the waist and above). In your animation, this part accelerate and
decelerate too much (your walking blobmon will be more easily tired than
a regular moving thingy :-)

The balancing of arms is also used to keep the vertical position of the
whole mass center (barycentre ?) moving along a line, as much regularly as
possible: when the waist go down because of the increased angle of the legs,
the arms raise (well, they rotate around the shoulder, but in a vertical
projection, they raise!), thus displacing upward a little the center of
 the mass relative to the body, trying to keep it on the straight line of
the move.