POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Sky Rendering : Re: Sky Rendering Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:17:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sky Rendering
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 11 Apr 2000 18:35:45
Message: <38F3A835.19F17358@nigels.com>
> Then I can use that to change the colour of the sky based on equation I
> have.

	There are two ways of going about this - either precomputation
	of a (large) texturemap to use as the sky (write a program to
	output a big PNG or TARGA file) or extending POVray
	programatically to calculate the sky on a per-ray basis.

	Both of these have different pro's and cons, do you have
	an idea which way you want to go?

	Be patient with yourself and work through some of the
	example scenes in the documentation - it should become
	clearer with a little bit of experimentation.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer