POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux : Re: Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem with Netscape 4.72 for Linux
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 10 Apr 2000 20:49:21
Message: <38F268DC.52D2429B@peak.edu.ee>
Not in Linux now, so I cant check - but here's what my enormous intelligence has
to offer:
~/.netscape contains the user preferences, right? Your problem occurs the second
time you run NS, after NS has created the user prefs file(s). The problem might
be somethin silly in the values there, have you checked?
If you nuke ~/.netscape before the first run it must use some default prefs
which apparently do not cause a crash. They're probably stuffed somewhere in the
/usr/share/ or /usr/local/share (I'm still a bit lost in the plethora of
directories)

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee