POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New Hallway WIP 1 (~122kau) : Re: New Hallway WIP 1 (~122kau) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New Hallway WIP 1 (~122kau)
From: Ken
Date: 8 Apr 2000 21:18:26
Message: <38EFDA89.DAF9E0E2@pacbell.net>
TonyB wrote:

> >A fire extinguisher and safety identification tags on the pipes would be a
> >nice touch. Don't forget pressure gauges and control valves.
>
> I'm thinking of giving this place a texture that indicates that it has been
> abandoned for hundreds, maybe thousands of years (like in Xenogears). What
> does a fire extinguisher look like after all that time? Oh, and do you have
> a site I can get pictures of these "gauges" and "control valves" from?

 Valves are easy -

#declare Valve =

union {
          sphere { 0, 1}
        cylinder { x*-2,x*2,.5}
        cylinder { y*1,y*1.5,.1}
        cylinder { y*1.5,y*1.6,.75}
        cylinder { x*-2,x*-2.1,.70}
        cylinder { x* 2,x* 2.1,.70}
         pigment { rgb 1}
      }

object{Valve}

  Supply your own detail as needed. Guages are typicaly just a small diameter
pipe coming up with a cylindrical shaped gauge mounted on top to measure fluid
pressures. I am sure you have seen them before.

Attachments:
Download 'valve.jpg' (6 KB)

Preview of image 'valve.jpg'
valve.jpg