POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : BlobGelly : Re: BlobGelly Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:20:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BlobGelly
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Apr 2000 17:42:17
Message: <38EFA77D.7452FD09@hotmail.com>
Steve wrote:

> On Sat, 08 Apr 2000 13:23:45 +0200, Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
> >A Blob!
> >
> >(Sorry for repeating myself with the ground
> >and the sky.)
>
> This looks very nice, I bet it took ages to render.
> I think if the individual components were bigger,
> (if it was less choppy), it may look better.

Thank you! (And thank you for replying.)

I don't know the exact render time but I think it
took 3-4 days on a 300 MHz Pentium linux machine.

(As far as I remember I had to set the max trace
level to 30 to get rid of most of the dark areas
in the blob.)

And because of the rather long turn around time
it's rather time consuming to evaluate changes.

Maybe I will try your suggestion later.
(I'm not sure how to gain full control over the
blob yet.)

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom