POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: Wild Ideas Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:22:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wild Ideas
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 7 Apr 2000 19:00:00
Message: <38EE67F1.18B566C2@nigels.com>
> > : However, if povray was a library, we could link it into pike.
> >   Too bad it's expressly prohibited...
> Well...
> It's not "too bad": i really prefer pov the way it is then the way it
> could have been if pov was a library ...

	This doesn't make sense.  A POV API would be a different
	interface to POV script, and both would be used for
	different purposes.  A programmatic API takes nothing away
	from the POV script interface.

> BTW, is pov.programming a special NG or what? bc this thread has been
> going on for more thn 20 days(the longest time i've ever seen a thread
> to survive 8)

	It's a thread that keeps coming back, periodically.
	Maybe one day we can tease out of the POV team, the
	exact reason for the policy. :-)

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer