POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Shaders? : Re: Shaders? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:12:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaders?
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 7 Apr 2000 16:35:01
Message: <38EE46DA.64228B83@inapg.inra.fr>
Vahur Krouverk wrote:

> First, current state with my RM SL patch:
> So far most of my efforts have gone to implementation of shader
> compiler.

This looks very interesting and promising. I don't know much about RM
shaders but if we could plug into free shaders libraries (is there such a
thing by the way ?) this could greatly expand pov's texturing abilities.
Could you give examples of things that could be made possible using shaders
and which are currently impossible (or very difficult) to do with pov or
megapov ? For example, would a "patina" shader be possible ?

G.