POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Shaders? : Re: Shaders? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:15:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shaders?
From: daishi
Date: 7 Apr 2000 16:39:00
Message: <38EE4547.DEDF30BE@x-press.net>
ooh, renderman shaders in pov *drool*

not sure if it'd be possible, but I'd like displacement shaders...and having
the ability to anti-alias a specific shader would be oh so nice...but if
their is some technical limitation that I am not understanding no biggie

and as for the VM thing, I was kinda thinking the same thing, but more in
regards to the talks I read about pov-ray's (upcomming?) plugin system, I
thought it would be super cool to use a VM for the plugin system....(maybe
in java or C or some other cross platform language)