POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A clock (~27k) : Re: A clock (~27k) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 02:20:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A clock (~27k)
From: Mondo Cribdeath
Date: 7 Apr 2000 13:55:01
Message: <38EE2133.559C263B@sheayright.com>

> Paul Vanukoff wrote:
> >That's pretty dang realistic looking, if a bit sterile.
>
> Thanks ! Like I already answered to Mike it's based on my own night table
> (or whatever u wanna call it). It's actually almost the sterile in reality
> (well ok, there's some dust :) ) but I'm planning on throwing a bunch of
> useless stuff in there.
>
> >Just add some clutter on the dresser, maybe put something on the wall. I
> envision a plant
> >on top of the black object.
>
> The black object is where all my CDs are (not currently included in the
> scene) and I don't have a single plant in my room but that might look nice.
> Maybe a cactus
>
> >Nice.
>
> Thanks again :)
>
> Jide

It's funny, but I like the uncluttered look of the scene. But I do
agree that it looks 'sterile'. You mentioned somewhat jokingly that
it's that sterile in reality, except for some dust. This might sound
sarcastic, though it isn't meant to be, but have you considered adding
some dust to the scene?

Reality is reality, dust (and even fingerprints) included. :-)