POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Echoes of Falling Dust" : Re: "Echoes of Falling Dust" Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:31:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Echoes of Falling Dust"
From: Mondo Cribdeath
Date: 7 Apr 2000 13:05:26
Message: <38EE1592.7A684DA@sheayright.com>
Marco Semprini wrote:

> Spock wrote:
>
> > Of course I can't do anything like this so maybe I shouldn't talk.
> >

> Why not ? :)
> I have posted it exactly to receive this kind of criticism... so thx.
> When i work for a long time to a pic i loose "the sense of reality", that is
> paying attention to the details so the "evident" errors are no more seen.. dunno
> if i explain.

I know exactly what you mean, Marco. When doing a complex scene that requires
many renders, it can become very tiring to view the same image again and
again. So much so, that I think (at least for me) that one's endurance becomes
a limiting factor in the quality of a rendering.

So, with that in mind, may I compliment you on your very high level of endurance?

A minor nit-pick of your image would be the texture of the cylindrical portions
of the columns. They seem to be too identical. Perhaps adding some randomness to
the gradient y pigment, and the normal{}'s. Same thing for the wall sections with
the windows, behind the columns.

It's a very beautiful, and beautifully done image though.