POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Opinions : Re: Opinions Server Time
2 Oct 2024 18:20:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Opinions
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 4 Apr 2000 11:11:31
Message: <38EA0596.989E3715@attglobal.net>
David Heys wrote:

> o.k. This started out as a futuristic hover-taxi and so far it has evolved
> to this point. Quite frankly, I'm not sure what direction to take things
> now. I like the wind-scraped rust marks, though I may have a bit much of it.
> I tried to synchronize some scratches on the windscreen but they're not
> showing up very well. My thanks to Xplo for the inspiration on the
> texturing, though I used my own rust texture. The floor is an
> image_map/bump_map combo based on an image I snagged from
> http://www.bladestextures.com/ .
>
> This is, of course, a work in progress. I'd appreciate an help, advice,
> flames anyone has to offer.

Nice.  Love the tiles.  Is it just me or doesn't that big yellow
flap-thingie in the middle of the windshield hinder vision too much?

In my opinion (some ideas stolen from others), it needs:

- Headlights,
- Doors/hatch,
- hints of a propulsion system (vents, tubes, exhaust pipe,
flux-capacitor, something...),
- Taxi sign on the roof,
- logo/checkered stripe on the side,

--
Francois Labreque | Make you a deal, I'll show you mine if you show
     flabreq      | me yours.