POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: A Proposal for XML POV Server Time
29 Jul 2024 00:27:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proposal for XML POV
From: pk
Date: 2 Apr 2000 09:52:25
Message: <38E75084.40689734@videotron.ca>
Mark Wagner wrote:

> pk wrote in message <38E666E0.4DD2693B@videotron.ca>...
> >BTW, i think that unreal script(that's what gave me the idea) is a good
> >example:
> >on my miserable(& only computer) 686/133mHZ 24MB ram no 3d card, it can
> >do more than 5 fps, while interpreting all the weapons that i shoot, all
> >the movement, all the ai(basically, the only thing that's not
> >interpreted in unreal is the renderer...) AND rendering the game...
>
> By far the slowest part of the game is the renderer.  Everything else
> combined takes no more than about 1% of the cpu.
Well, that's the point: Uscript is NOT slow at all(it has to
interpreteverything in the game), and something like it could be used to
invent new operations, tranformation, primitives, etc, and interpret the
classes corresponding to the pov file without slowing down povray
significantly(Maybe that the POV team could ask the creators of
UnrealScript to give them the sources/parts of the source/help... 8)
--
AKA paul_virak_khuong at yahoo.com, pkhuong at deja.com, pkhuong at
crosswinds.net and pkhuong at technologist.com(list not complete)...