POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : I cracked the code - isosurface data file example (512x384) : Re: I cracked the code - isosurface data file example (512x384) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:21:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I cracked the code - isosurface data file example (512x384)
From: Ken
Date: 30 Mar 2000 03:00:30
Message: <38E302AD.2C3045FA@pacbell.net>
"SamuelT." wrote:

> Well, it's only a code if you don't understand 3d data files. I worked
> today to find how data files make 3d objects and managed to do so. The
> initial setback was a translate problem similar to image_maps. Here's an
> object I made from 1's and 0's.
>
> P.S. Anyone have some MRI data files I can use? I would like to make a
> media head, so you can see inside.

R. Suzuki has an image on his web site of an isosurface head he did when
the patch was first developed. He might be able to point you in the right
direction. I suspect he used a CT scan data set rather than an MRI but I
could be mistaken. Be forewarned these data sets are HUGE. I have a CT
scan data set for a a head (maybe the whole body can't remember) that
came with the official POV-Ray CD. IIRC the file size for that data set
alone is well over 15 megs in size. No way I could email it to you.