POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bat, 18kbu : Re: Bat, 18kbu Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:24:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bat, 18kbu
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 29 Mar 2000 13:07:25
Message: <38E24650.373BEEAB@stud.ntnu.no>
Paul Jones wrote:

> I like this, especially the lathe markings.

Why, thank you. They are the reason I had problems in the first place. Bump map
did not look right; the lathe marks on my real bat are only visible in the high
lit area. That's why I had to use a texture map.
The texture is a macro inside a material map which takes palette index as input
and returns any tint of the basic gray texture.

sig.