POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: News Server Acceptable Use Policy : Re: News Server Acceptable Use Policy Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:22:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: News Server Acceptable Use Policy
From: Ken
Date: 28 Mar 2000 04:07:51
Message: <38E072CC.80AF2FA5@pacbell.net>
Simen Kvaal wrote:

> >Hmm, I think he was being sarcastic.
>
> In that case, a very subtle sarcasm, I'd say. I have never thought of this
> subject, and concluded that one really _has_ to be careful with ones
> postings; graphical or not. So, I didn't interpret it as sarcasm.

I agree. If I had thought it was sarcasm I might have ignored it. However
it sounded like he really wanted an honest answer so I provided him with
one. There was a remote chance that others might similarly be confused
with the wording and I wanted to make sure they understood the intent
of the policy if there was any doubt. As a private, family oriented, news
server we feel we have a responsibility to keep it clean for everyone to
use without them feeling offended by it's contents.