POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : I need help with triscan! : Re: I need help with triscan! Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:18:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I need help with triscan!
From: Charles Fusner
Date: 27 Mar 2000 18:20:30
Message: <38DFECB1.554475BB@enter.net>
Fabian BRAU wrote:

> Of course you do what you want but I don't understand something:
> If your object is created with Moray (as the dome) why do you need to
> get an approximate representation with triscan?? You already have this
> representation in Moray and it is better than with triscan. If this
> is to have a smaller mdl I don't understand because mdl are smaller
> than inc.

Hmm.. good point, usually, but there's two case I can think of:

#1. If you had a REALLY big model (say several hundred pieces)
    and a fairly slow machine, Moray gets really slow when your
    total scene starts to have several thousand objects (which
    I've done) Sometimes you can make a low res UDO to stand in
    for several hundred pieces and replace several hundred
    objects with 1 UDO object, making Moray move somewhat
    quicker.

#2. You might want to turn the Moray object into a prop for
    Poser, or a reference object for Leveller or something.
    (since it's a dome object, this sounds likely). This in
    fact was one of my own intended uses for triscan when I
    wrote it. :)

Charles