POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : A POV-Rey programming question... : Re: A POV-Rey programming question... Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A POV-Rey programming question...
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 27 Mar 2000 17:38:21
Message: <38DFE1E0.D1A2C585@my-dejanews.com>
JR McConnell wrote:

>      I am a person who has come to a point in my life where I wish to fulfill
> personal goals.
>  Spending
> several years learning drawing, painting, airbrush I want so to be a Disney
> animator; a profession that is harder to get into than Harvard.
>     Thanks again to my sister I feel those are very reachable goals again.
> Recently she took me to Disney while there; I attended the Disney institute,
> taking a computer graphics course. I found that I could still do the things
> I always wanted it raised my spirits greatly. Only to return home to find
> that the software needed was very expensive.

Godspeed your dreams.

I met a professional animator, a woman who was on the team who did the
"medicine-man monkey" from Lion King. She said that she did not know how to even
use a word processor, that computer generated stuff was too expensive and slow,
and that there were things you COULD NOT do with computers that are easy to do
with drawing. I think she was talking about  squash and stretch but also wrong!

My dream is to be a Nick Parks or that Veggie-Tale guy, to have a little cult
following, or maybe just boost some kind of charity group with a public service
ad.  I think I would be bored to death by the culture of either Disney or Lucas
Films. I want to be the small fish in the microscopic pond.  I'm too old to be a
little fish in a big pond again...