POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Tiled images : Re: Tiled images Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:20:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tiled images
From: Ken
Date: 27 Mar 2000 14:20:58
Message: <38DFB1D1.71D4FBD3@pacbell.net>
Monte wrote:

> Hello all,
> I have found lots of "textures" available for download, as bitmap
> images (gif, jpg, etc.). I've looked and looked, but can't seem to
> find how to use them. I want to use an image as a 'tiled' background.
>
> Can someone point me to a web site, example pov scene (have looked but
> haven't found one that does this), sample scene code, or ....?
>
> Thank you,
> Monte

  It is relatively easy using the image map feature of POV-Ray. There
is no background tiling feature but you can easily apply an image map
to a plane and set it behind your scene. If you do not specify the
'once' image map modifier the image will automatically tile itself.

plane { z, 20
  pigment {
    image_map {tga "your_image.tga" interpolate 2 }
  }
}

See also the image map tutorial at -

http://members.xoom.com/yang4yang/pov/imap1.html