POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu) : Re: Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:23:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Towards a procedural tree macro (62kbbu)
From: Lummox JR
Date: 26 Mar 2000 19:31:41
Message: <38DEAD4C.78E3@aol.com>
These trees would look just great in a background, I think; not as good
in the foreground, though.
Two small suggestions:

1) Turbulate the x, y, and z values just slightly based on their
distance from the center. This will give the trees a less hemispherical
look.
2) Change all n^2 to sqr(n) and n^0.5 to sqrt(n). As far as I can tell
from the function code, these should always be faster than using an
exponent.

I think I might give this a try in an old scene (where I wanted
background trees but settled for a textured height field) and see what
happens.

Lummox JR