POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar : Re: pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 24 Mar 2000 20:31:57
Message: <38DC18B1.540CAC53@mailbag.com>
paul hansen wrote:

> I was asking a question regarding whether povlinux.tar is supposed to contain a
> povray binary.

Since Linux users are assumed to have X, and you can turn off the
display, we have traditionally not included the x-povray binary in
povlinux.tgz.  It saves space and bandwidth.  The install script was
written to be generic, which is why it installs the generic console
povray binary if it is present.

-Mark Gordon