POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar : pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:29:54 EDT (-0400)
  pov-ray binary missing in povlinux.tar
From: paul hansen
Date: 24 Mar 2000 14:55:34
Message: <38DBC83A.2C5D072B@cs.colostate.edu>
I' m a sys-admin trying to install pov-ray.  I have  had no problems
installing x-povray and s-povray to /usr/local/bin via the install
script.

Question: there is no povray binary despite a reference to it in the
script?

    if [ -x povray ]
    then mv povray /usr/local/bin
    fi

I tried out x-povray and all seems to be okay, but a couple of users say
they need the command line "povray" binary (they are doing remote work
and piping to povray).  Was  the "povray"  binary deliberately left out
of "povlinux.tar"? Do I have to build it to get simple command line
interaction with pov-ray?

TIA,

   Paul