POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Don't Tread On Me : Don't Tread On Me Server Time
2 Oct 2024 20:24:11 EDT (-0400)
  Don't Tread On Me
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 23 Mar 2000 14:48:16
Message: <38DA761E.3B804803@unforgettable.com>
Fun with isosurfaces. It took me about half an hour with a pen, a piece
of paper, and the graphing calculator app that comes with Macs these
days to figure out the function for this one (it's
"((x^2)*(y^2))^.3+((x^2)*(z^2))^.3+((y^2)*(z^2))^.3-1" for those
interested, but that doesn't include the cones, of course).

I used a granite normal for the "body" with some specular highlights to
suggest a kind of crude, medieval iron; I'm still trying to decide
whether to add some rusty tones to the pigment, but on the whole I think
it worked pretty well.

I tried making the floor reflective to make the scene a little flashier,
but even with the reflection turned all the way up to 1, it still barely
reflected anything (weird...) so I turned it off again to save render time.

--
Xplo Eristotle
http://start.at/xplosion/

Post a reply to this message