POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Constructive Solid Geometry : Re: Constructive Solid Geometry Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:19:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Constructive Solid Geometry
From: Ken
Date: 21 Mar 2000 18:28:38
Message: <38D8060D.7D4178F6@pacbell.net>
CMcCabe wrote:

> i found out what i did wrong and now have another question
> in using a merge or difference statement, why is it that objects just
> dissappear if they are not touching?

It would be hard to say unless you provided me with a specific example
to look at. Needless to say a CSG operation (except a union) requires
that the objects in the CSG must be touching for the operation to work
properly. In your original example the only object that would ever be
visible in the scene would be box 1. Box 2 and box 3 are only reference
shapes for the operation and would not be visible regardless if they
touched box 1 or not.

Try this page; chapter 8 - http://jan.ucc.nau.edu/~dld6/pov_lessons/index.html