POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : How many lines of code: eliminate plateaus in noise3d by interval change : How many lines of code: eliminate plateaus in noise3d by interval change Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:14:56 EDT (-0400)
  How many lines of code: eliminate plateaus in noise3d by interval change
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Mar 2000 08:21:21
Message: <38D77653.600EB09D@my-dejanews.com>
We have all discussed the issue many times without answering the
following question:

How *hard* would it be to "fix" pov to eliminate the plateuas that exist
in the noise3d function?

I think that someone once said that pov used an unorthodox interval in
setting up its noise, something like [0,1.0] when the rest of the world
uses [-0.5,0.5], or vice versa.

If this were the case, could one simply change a half dozen CHARACTERS
and fix the problem?

Noise3d is my favorite function for a number of reasons, and those
plateaus are bugging me!

Greg M. Johnson
povray is the only programming language I know.