POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Realism: water (99kbbu) : Re: Realism: waterII (19+ 29 kbbu) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Realism: waterII (19+ 29 kbbu)
From: Greg M  Johnson
Date: 21 Mar 2000 07:43:35
Message: <38D76D7B.DCA2A05D@my-dejanews.com>
They are all basically the same code as the original.

In the blue one, only reflection is active, and one gets a lot of reflection of the
SkyBlue background.

In the pink/gray one, only refraction is active, and one sees the caustics that my
surface puts on the plane underneath it. (It's an ugly pink because I misinterpreted
the meaning of rgbf in my pigment.

I was just proving to myself that photonic refraction and reflection were indeed
active in that first scene.  There are so many things going on that it all gets lost
in the confusion...

Thanks for the advice anyway.