POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Ritual : Re: SV: The Ritual Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: SV: The Ritual
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 20 Mar 2000 16:31:03
Message: <38D699B3.5B1558C1@unforgettable.com>
Sebastian Strand wrote:

> I like the foreground, but the background height field does not look very
> good, too noisy I think.

I intended for it to have a raw volcanic sort of look to it, and I think
it accomplishes that nicely.. but as you say, it IS a bit rough. The
truth is, you're only seeing the top fraction of the height field; it
had some massive y scaling to get the jagged-silhouette look. There are
better ways to do that, but I didn't want to mess with them.

> The orange thing(s) are cool, reminds me a bit of
> hammered copper, although a bit too orange to be copper. Facet normal?

Facet normal, yep. The miscoloration wasn't intentional, for what it's
worth. At some point before I did the final render, it looked much more
coppery.. I'm not sure why it came out that way.

> The thing on the right looks like a glass snowman, I'm not sure whether
> that's good or bad :)

That's good! It IS a glass snowman. :)

--
Xplo Eristotle