POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Newbi : Re: Newbi Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:15:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newbi
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 19 Mar 2000 19:04:33
Message: <38D56C9E.270A047B@mailbag.com>
root wrote:

Almighty root, I bow before your power...

Assuming you have the binary package (povlinux.tgz), this will create a
directory called "povray31" when uncompressed.  Then do the following
("$" represents a normal shell prompt, and # represents a root shell
prompt, assuming you normally use a regular user account):

$ cd povray31
$ cp povray.ini ~/.povrayrc
$ su
Password:
# ./install
# exit

That should suffice.  If you have any other questions, let me know.

-Mark Gordon