POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : pov to moray conversions: possible? : Re:POV-Ray License[Was:Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?] Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:17:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re:POV-Ray License[Was:Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?]
From: Alex Magidow
Date: 17 Mar 2000 23:16:36
Message: <38D303D6.9756718A@mninter.net>
Couldn't you just disallow code theft in commercial products? That way, you'd
cultivate a greater amount of freeware programs that'd use POV-Ray's code, which
would speed along the development of such programs.

In any case, there's probably something I'm overlooking here. I'm neither a very
prolific coder nor a lawyer, so I really am not within my domain of knowlege
here.

--
You Know You've Been Raytracing Too Long When:
  Rather than hang a picture on a nail you just yell at it :