POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: A Proposal for XML POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 22:21:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proposal for XML POV
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 17 Mar 2000 06:22:41
Message: <38D2152F.6DB04076@nigels.com>
> Would it be possible to parse and render a mixed format scene, for example,
> an XML scene that makes use of existing POV-script include files?

	Yes, I think this would be a useful, desirable and
	feasible objective.  Vice versa as well.  It does
	imply some shared state information between the
	pov-script parser and XML glue to POV, such as
	symbol table - but having this in a well defined
	module would also be beneficial in other ways.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer