POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Heightfields in Moray : Re: Heightfields in Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:22:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heightfields in Moray
From: Tommy Grav
Date: 17 Mar 2000 05:32:19
Message: <38D209B8.68A0313@astro.uio.no>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:

> Hi Tommy Grav, you recently wrote in moray.win:
>
> > More investigation of the problem reveals that the hightfield is as it should be,
> Could you zip the TGA and send it to me via email (lut### [at] stmuccom).
> I'm not sure why this is happening. Is the bright part of the height
> field not elevated in Moray's preview?

I'll send you the tga-file sometime this weekend. The problem seems to be that Moray
interpets the heightfield inversely from what pov-ray does. Use of the waterlevel
function
confirmes this as it is the lowest parts of the heightfield (from povrays poit of
view) that
are left when I raise the wateerlevel. And yes, I'm currently trying out the preview
of Moray.

Great program by the way (ten thumbs up :-)

--
Tommy Grav
tom### [at] astrouiono     http://www.uio.no/~tommygr/