POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Everyman animation : Re: Everyman animation Server Time
20 Jul 2024 19:25:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Everyman animation
From: Remco Poelstra
Date: 16 Mar 2000 15:34:08
Message: <38D19A72.1006A5BC@home.nl>
Paul Vanukoff wrote:

> I don't get it. They all die, then one guy falls to his knees. What is
> killing them?

The book begins with the death telling 'Everyman' that he has to die. He
gets one day to search for a friend travelling with him to heaven. This
'coming of the death' have I symbolized with the purple beam killing the
other people.

> Some sort of lightning bolt or something? They look almost
> like huge raindrops. Of course, if I was familiar with the book, maybe it
> would make more sense.
>

> Constructive comments: Severe lack of detail. How about a sky? Some
> texturing on the ground. Maybe a mountain range and some clouds. Trees.
> Texturing on the people. And the people kind of rotate into the ground.
> Looks strange. Perhaps axis of rotation should be moved up a little bit so
> they don't rotate into the ground but onto the ground. Plus they disappear
> unnaturally (instantly). At least make them fade out or dissolve or
> something.
>
> I like the concept.

That the animation is so simple, is because the animation has to be
ready in a small time without to much effort, since all classmates have
to make a project of a certain book. When I would put to much time in
the animation, I should get to less points in ratio with the time spent
on it. Or I should get to much points in ratio to the other people.

But, when the final animation is reviewed(and time is no matter
anymore), I will improve the quality, so thanks for your comments.

Remco