POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : pov to moray conversions: possible? : Re: pov to moray conversions: possible? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:23:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov to moray conversions: possible?
From: Ken
Date: 16 Mar 2000 17:36:42
Message: <38D161E6.7603061@pacbell.net>
ryan constantine wrote:

> is there a way to convert pov and inc files into moray?  or is there a
> utility that allows one to search through pov and inc files for an
> object and import it into moray?  it seems to me that if moray can go
> from moray to pov, it should be able to go the other way as well.  does
> it?  how?

This functionality does not exist nor are there any utilities available
to do so. Moray exports scenes in a very well defined way. Other programs
and hand coders however do not adhere to Moray's strict syntax format.
To parse a .pov or .inc file would require a scene file parser as powerful
as the one that POV-Ray itself uses. To write such a parser just for
the benefit of importing .pov files would require an enourmous amount
of work that no one, so far, is interested in doing.