POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : A Proposal for XML POV : Re: A Proposal for XML POV Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Proposal for XML POV
From: Nigel Stewart
Date: 15 Mar 2000 06:59:32
Message: <38CF7AD7.1CF81800@nigels.com>
> I'm not particularly interested in an XML POV-script.  However, completely
> separating the parser from the renderer to allow other languages to be used
> for writing POV scenes without going through the intermediary of POV-Script
> sounds like an excellent idea.

	And an idea that I hope the POV team will consider revisiting.
	They have taken the position that POV shall not be used as
	a library, but I really do think it's worth reconsidering this
	position - at least from a technical point of view.

--
Nigel Stewart (nig### [at] nigelscom)
Research Student, Software Developer