POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Problem #3 In OpenVMS Port Of MegaPOV-Ray: Divide-by-zero error : Re: Problem #3 In OpenVMS Port Of MegaPOV-Ray: Divide-by-zero error Server Time
29 Jul 2024 08:22:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Problem #3 In OpenVMS Port Of MegaPOV-Ray: Divide-by-zero error
From: Robert Alan Byer
Date: 13 Mar 2000 19:49:26
Message: <38CD4643.5BDC3567@mail.ourservers.net>
Robert Alan Byer wrote:

> > Robert Alan Byer <bye### [at] mailourserversnet> wrote...
> > >     Colour[TRANSM] *= C1[TRANSM];
> >
> > The filter and transmit channels of Colour do not get initialized during
> > photon tracing.  To correct this, add the following lines before the call to
> > Trace() in ShootPhotonsAtObject in photons.c:
> >
> > PhotonColour[3] = 0.0;
> > PhotonColour[4] = 0.0;
> >
> > -Nathan
>
> Well, that helped some and now I can run the THREELENS.POV and
> THREELENS2.POV
> photon demos.  I can run the REFLECTION.POV demo if I turn off radiosity
> (as radiosity still kinda broken,, goes into infinate loop, next thing
> to fix).
>
> When trying to trace SPHERECYL.POV it started to build the photon maps
> and
> then crashed (at the same place) with the following photon map output.
>
>         this=15200, total=27525, m=0, area 1, 1 : 963

Well....

After playing with compiler flags I got radiosity working as far as I
can tell in my OpenVMS port of the "offical" POV-Ray v3.1g and I've
tried the same for the MegaPOV port and it did help some as now I can
run a little more of the "photons" test images that I couldn't before.

I tested out radiosity in MegaPOV as best as I could and it had no
problem with the test images I tested with.

But I'm still getting crashes at the same line so I still have some
kind of floating point issues left to try to work out.

--

 | Robert Alan Byer         | "I don't want to take over the world,  |