POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Final SteadFast (Big) : Re: Final SteadFast (Big) Server Time
2 Oct 2024 22:24:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Final SteadFast (Big)
From: H E  Day
Date: 12 Mar 2000 22:56:38
Message: <38CC659C.B1F5D83F@fci.net>
> The windows look alot better. I was curious, how manu blob objects are
> invloved in a project such as this?

Well, the saucer-section is one blob.  the Nacelles are each separate blobs, as
are the struts connecting them to the fuselage.

> And how do you place them?

By hand.

> I assume you create some patterns a use while
> loops (or something similar) to place them all?

Not really.  I did all of it by trial-and-error.  Not as efficient, but it
allows me greater control.

> How do you come up with your general shapes and patterns? Are they
> mathematical in essence?

Pencil and paper. Pencil and paper.  I'm good with traditional art, and usually
start with sketches and doodling.  This helps with the final shape and
textures.

--
H.E. Day