POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Transforming an object without transforming its texture : Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture Server Time
2 Sep 2024 08:16:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Transforming an object without transforming its texture
From: Ken
Date: 12 Mar 2000 11:12:06
Message: <38CBC0EF.C3BD1DA5@pacbell.net>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <38CBB90F.7C4AC93F@pacbell.net>, lin### [at] povrayorg
> wrote:
>
> > Name one scenario where you would need to do this with an object of
> > this complexity.
>
> A forest of trees and/or other plants. A fleet of space ships. A flock
> of birds or a school of fish. A garden scene.
> Oh, you said *one* scenario. Sorry. :-)

Now correct me if I am wrong here but Warp wants the texture to NOT
translate along with the object. Now if I were to make a complex
tropical fish with multiple textures I can tell you right now I
would want my textures to stay where I put them. If you don't you
will have textures lining up in all the wrong places. With trees
you might have leaf textures where bark is supposed to be and with
a fleet of space ships you might have glass where the hull texture
is supposed to be. I don't understand your examples at all.