POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Dumb question that must be asked. : Re: Dumb question that must be asked. Server Time
5 Sep 2024 16:17:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Dumb question that must be asked.
From: Ken
Date: 11 Mar 2000 16:19:16
Message: <38CAB807.F72DC823@pacbell.net>
"Lt. Kettch" wrote:

> I post images( who doesn't) on the image board, put to those who look at
> them, say its to dark. They posted a base line for monitor settings, and
> reset the settings as told to, put this problem still happens. What can
> I do in Mega-POV to brighten the image?

At the top of your scene file try inserting the following line

global_settings { assumed_gamma 2.0 }

The smaller the number you use the brighter your scene will be.

Make sure that you are not using your monitor with the brightness
and contrast controls maxed out. If the black areas of the scene
look a little gray your monitor brightness/contrast is set too
high !!!

  The other alternative is to manualy adjust the brightness of your
scene objects by adjusting their ambient and diffuse values in the
finish statement.

example - finish { ambient .3 diffuse .5 }

or

Use more light sources or place them better ?