POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Slideshow player : Re: Slideshow player Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:31:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Slideshow player
From: Fran Firman
Date: 10 Mar 2000 18:03:13
Message: <38C95862.13656F21@email.com>
Remco Poelstra wrote:

> Axel Hecht wrote:
> >
> > animate is part of the ImageMagick package:
> >
> > http://www.ImageMagick.org/
> >
> Thanks.
>
> Remco

I use animate to quickly preview how an animation is going before I go
to the trouble of creating the Mpg.
I found that the best format to use from pov is ppm.
So to use it use

animate -delay 10 *.ppm where the delay is in 100ths of a second. Once
the frames are being played, there are commands you can use to slow down
the playing, speed it up, pause etc.

If I remember correctly, use the left (or was it the right) mouse button
to get a list of the commands that can be used.

Cheers Fran