POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's that watch again... (42kbu) : Re: It's that watch again... (42kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 07:12:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's that watch again... (42kbu)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 8 Mar 2000 20:06:19
Message: <38C6F7DF.7CD55F4B@hotmail.com>
Hi!

Chris Huff wrote:

> Also, something I have never seen anyone do in an image of an LCD
> display is the "floating" appearance of most of them. There is usually
> the LCD elements in a plane within the glass, and a bit of "shadow" on
> the back of the glass. If you did this, it would really add to the
> realism of the display.

To model a LCD more correctly, I guess you may take into account
the effect that two polarizing layers (90 deg on each other) some
distance apart, has on the light.

Light falling in from different angles seems to be blocked differently.

On some LCD one can also see a weak shades of digits that are not
turned on if one tilt the LCD slightly.

You may also model the different layers of glass and liquid crystal that
are inside these.

By the way: Is it possible to model polarizing filters in POV-ray?

Tor Olav

mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html