POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : GIF animations : Re: GIF animations Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GIF animations
From: David Fontaine
Date: 7 Mar 2000 22:19:13
Message: <38C5C5F8.98473D18@faricy.net>
Bill DeWitt wrote:

>     I really would like "Active DeskTop" to have more support, if only for
> the "Gee Whiz" effect.

IMHO Active Desktop is stupid. It just takes resources away from other stuff.
That's why I cleaned a bunch of garbage out of my start-up.
Besides, the way Windows handles it is for some reason really slow. Something
on Active Desktop is slower and takes more resources than the same thing in a
browser window for some reason.

--
 | \     |_                           <dav### [at] faricynet> <ICQ 55354965>
 |_/avid |ontaine                         http://www.faricy.net/~davidf/

"The only difference between me and a madman is that I'm not mad." -Dali