POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's that watch again... (42kbu) : Re: It's that watch again... (42kbu) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:30:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's that watch again... (42kbu)
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 7 Mar 2000 20:59:59
Message: <38C5B33B.466CC0C6@attglobal.net>
Impressive.

Sebastian Strand wrote:

> Well, the watch is now more or less finished, I just need to tweak the metal
> texture a bit, it's too white.

Also, add more reflection on the glass.

> I made use of the date() function in MegaPOV, the watch now shows the time
> when the scene was parsed :)

You're up way past your bed time, Son.

> BTW, does anyone know of any free digital/LCD type fonts that would be
> suitable for the LCD screen? The font that is there now looks nothing like
> the real thing :/

I think there was a digital.ttf that came with earlier versions of
MS-Excel, although it's neither free nor am I sure I'm not thinking
about digital.fon that came with Windows 3.x clock.exe program.

As someone else pointed out, you could make your own (although
complicated).  It would ass to the realism by having a shadow on the
reflective surface of a real LCD screen.

> I'm not sure whether I'll do the strap or not, I'm getting a bit tired of
> this watch now, and the strap for this thing would be a minor nightmare to
> model. Unless someone has a Velcro include file of course :)

A watch like that needs a genuine leather strap, not a velco thingy.

Keep up the excellent work.

--
Francois Labreque | The surest sign of the existence of extra-
     flabreq      | terrestrial intelligence is that they never