POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Is it possible to speed the blobs up in MegaPov? : Re: Is it possible to speed the blobs up in MegaPov? Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:14:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Is it possible to speed the blobs up in MegaPov?
From: Ken
Date: 7 Mar 2000 11:53:06
Message: <38C53137.F6267D89@pacbell.net>
Thomas Willhalm wrote:

> ron### [at] povrayorg (Ron Parker) writes:

> > >Here I must confess that I don't know what this is in this context.
> > >Or are you talking about mesh refinement for finite element methods?
> >
> > See this site for a hopelessly technical explanation:
> >
> > http://daisy.uwaterloo.ca/~hqle/subdivision/
>
> So, you (or Ken) are suggesting to extend this approach to other
> surfaces like CSG objects?
>
> Thomas

  Not being a programmer I can only suggest that it might be useful in
csg operations - if the program had the ability to internally tessellate
primitives. And yes I do see that this would be a definite plus for
the program. The ability to export to other 3d formats would be a side
benefit from this and not the major reason for implementing it.