POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Planet with Rings : Re: Planet with Rings Server Time
3 Oct 2024 00:29:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Planet with Rings
From: Sigmund Kyrre Aas
Date: 6 Mar 2000 19:36:08
Message: <38C44EAB.4EB695E4@stud.ntnu.no>
Steven Pigeon wrote:

> Have anyone work'd out a good planetary ring texture?
>
> Best,

This isn't bad at all. The rings on "our" planets vary greatly, so I can't see
why these shouldn't be just as possible. Well, I'm not sure if you that strong
highlight is realistic. And ambient should be 0 for planets.

I've made a fairly detailed Saturn ring texture, but I don't think you can use
it for anything else. It's in the binaries.scene-files group if you're
interested, posted 28.11.99. It's also available from
http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~as/down.

sig.